Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pet Portrait - Heike

Since my computer is still working, I thought I'd post my latest pet portrait. He is a German Shorthaired Pointer named Heike. It's a watercolor painting done on 11"x15" Strathmore cold press paper with my new Daniel Smith paints, which I really like working with.

The photo I was given for reference was a bit blurry, so I hope I captured all the details correctly. He is holding a beloved tennis ball in his mouth.

The paper was too big to scan, so this is a photo taken with my digital camera. I prefer scanning my work - I think it captures the color, etc. much better.

And here's a shot of my work area while doing this painting. I love my art desk.

1 Comments:

Blogger mcdc3s said...

Oh my goodness! What a work! You are a great painter! I hope to get more into my watercolors this summer. You did a fantastic job.

BTW: Here is my new blog link: http://callavisage.blogspot.com/

My old one no longer works. xxx

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home