Friday, March 24, 2006

Art Doll #1

This is my first art doll, done as a birthday gift for my Mom. I spent hours this morning creating my own pattern, ironing fabric and figuring out the damn sewing machine, only to discover that I was doing it all wrong. Thanks to Ronda Kivett, though, I was able to use her free “Goddess Doll” pattern to create this beauty.

I already had the flowery fabric, followed Ronda’s instructions for creating the body, then added my own embellishments – beads around the seam (thanks to this site for those instructions), a face made from a charm mold and painted with acrylics, flower petals sewn behind the face, and some fun fibers wrapped around the body. Oh yeah, and I added a string of beads with ribbon on the end so Mom can hang it from her rearview mirror. Thanks Aimmer on EC for that idea.

Happy Birthday Mom!

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

These dolls are amazing! Aliza's birthday is in JUNE! LOL! They really are great, I can see them selling in a store for sure...Quarterdeck???

7:20 PM  
Blogger Kivett Studio said...

You did a great job on these art dolls....i'll bet your mom loved her gift!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home