Thursday, March 23, 2006

Disney

I stayed at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort last weekend for a USTA convention. I didn’t have much time to draw, but squeezed these two quick sketches in my first full day there. The text may be too small for you to read. The first drawing was the most prominent architectural form outside our balcony. I need to practice my architecture sketches, as this is not satisfying to me. I think I lack the patience for the details and lines, so it ends up looking rather childish.

The bottom sketch was simply so I’d never forget that at Disney, even the manhole covers have Mickey Mouse ears on them. Unbelievable.

I did the purple squares with Derwent watercolor pencils prior to leaving and sketched with my trusty Sakura pigma micron .005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home