Monday, March 06, 2006

Moleskine Sketches

One of my favorite things to do is to go to www.bloglines.com and look through all the artist blogs I've subscribed to. It is so inspiring to see what other artists are up to, particularly in their sketchbooks.

Lately, http://craftmonkeys.typepad.com/ has been especially inspiring and led me to the sketch I've posted here. Because of all I've read about the Moleskine pages not accepting watercolor, I've pretty much avoided using anything but a black technical pen in it. But the craftmonkeys blog gave me some great ideas and this is one of them. I love the layout and how much the colored squares add to the page. I also like that the small squares force me to focus on details. I want to practice that more often.

I used Prismacolor watercolor pencils, which seemed to do okay when water was applied. Not too much resistance from the paper, as long as I kept the brush from getting too wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home