Monday, March 27, 2006

Playing with Alcohol Inks

This weekend I bought my first set of alcohol inks (Adirondack Inks) and played with them a bit last night on glossy photo paper. I did not at all get the effect I was hoping for, that kind of marbleized, agate look that I've seen online.

However, I salvaged my colorful mess by slicing the paper into thin strips with my papercutter. The individual strips looked pretty cool, I thought, and inspired this journal page. I sponged Winsor Yellow watercolor on a gessoed page and then glued the strips of photo paper around the edges. I really like these colors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Kira, I love your stuff I just realized that your cat that I admired was the one you had put down. Sorry I know what it is like to raise a pet and let them go.
You have been very gracious to me. I figured out how to blog roll. I was wondering if you could tell me how you did the alcohol inks I do not know what they are.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home