Friday, April 14, 2006

Honey Bee Deco

It was a crazy week that left no time for creating. Today, on my designated art day, I have several projects to get caught up on. The first are two decos. This is a Honey Bee Deco started by the talented Tam, in the Embellished Circus group.

I was provided with the brown cardstock base. Using a photo I got off the web as reference, I drew the bee with my Sakura Pigma Micron .005 (which was on sale at Michael's for only $1.99 each last week) and colored him in with various Sakura and Prismacolor markers. Then I printed this flower photo off the web and cut it out using my super-fine, ultrasharp Honey Bee scissors. Total coincidence!

I wasn't sure what to do then, so instead of also cutting out the bee, which would have probably been a disaster, I colored in the background with various shades of blue Prismacolor and Derwent colored pencils. I glued it all to the cardstock, leaving an edge of brown so the flower would feel like it's coming off the page a bit, and then added text.

I'm always disappointed when my .005 marker won't write over colored pencil. The tip is immediately clogged by wax, so I had to use one of my new Faber Castell Pitt artist pens. It worked fine.

Now onto the other deco...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tam Hess said...

You are soooo talented! I love your bee and I love those pens and pencils your talking about. They are generally the same ones I use. You rock girl!
Tam xoxo

6:01 PM  
Blogger jane said...

I love your bee! The shadow he casts is great!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous triptych canvas said...

What a bargain, love it!

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Sally Moore said...

Great post, thanks so much for sharing this with us!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home