Monday, April 03, 2006

More Art Dolls

On Sunday I played with fabric scraps and made two more art dolls, one for an Art Object PIF Twist on Nervousness. Instead of sewing beads all around the seam, like I did with the first two, I sewed dangling beads off each arm, the bottom and the head. I like the effect.

I bought face molds at AC Moore a couple of weekends ago and used soft Fimo polymer clay, onto which I brushed PearlEx Pigment powder in silver and bronze before baking. After baking, I sealed the faces in a glossy varnish because the pigment still rubbed off a little when I touched it.

This photo makes them look like they are the same color, but one is blue and one is purple.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

They are very nice. I love the rich fabrics!!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Great colours, even if they do look like creepy voodoo dolls!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home