Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Playful Panther Put Puppets on its Paws

Here's the first of two P paintings I must do. I had actually nearly completed another version of this painting and suddenly realized I hated it. I had done preliminary sketches and thumbnail color studies and still, by the time it was almost done, I realized it was all wrong. I'm much happier with this painting, and though it meant losing precious time, I'm glad I started over.

Except for the blacks (Ivory, Blue and Lamp) these are Daniel Smith paints. A combo of Cadmium Red Deep and Quin Gold for the background, heavy on the QG. I love that orangey color.

Now onto the next P, as I am doing a gift for a little girl whose initials are SPP.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfectly profound painting my precious petite daughter-in-law!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home