Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Affable Alligator Ate the Angry Ant's Apple


(click on the image above to see a slightly larger version)

The owner of the lovely Madre Bella maternity boutique here in Barrington would like to sell some of my paintings. I immediately thought of those alphabet paintings I had done a while back as part of a collaborative project with some other artists. I had really enjoyed doing those.

The "A" above is a variation on that theme and I'm pretty happy with it. My plan is to do an "A," "B," and "C" as sample paintings for the store and to then take orders for monograms. I also want to think of general paintings I can do for those impulse purchases.

These are so fun to do - I love coming up with the silly sentence and then figuring out how best to illustrate it. Now I just need to find more time to paint! I am very excited about this opportunity!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New alphabet books with alliteration are soooo needed in school. Why not an entire alphabet book and send it to an editor? Teachers love to find new ones.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! The details are wonderful. I would think that the customers couldn't help but want them for their precious child.
Mom

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I bet people would custom order them, for the first letter of their child's name! Very cute!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home