Sunday, January 04, 2009

Save Handmade!

Save Handmade Toys

I just came across this post and was very concerned by what I read. I encourage you to click on this link to learn about how handmade items for children in this country are being threatened by new safety standards that are a reaction to the unsafe junk being made in China.

I immediately sent letters to my congressman and senators. It took about 10 minutes thanks to the letter template provided in the links at the bottom of the post.

These standards will put thousands of craftspeople out of business who make the products we all love to discover in our local shops and on etsy.com. And I'm one of those people! You never know what great, cute idea I might come up with next - like my magic wands (soon to be posted on this blog).

Please follow the link: http://thebabygardner.com/blog/2008/12/11/love-handmade-a-call-to-action-for-all-of-us/
and take some action today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home