Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Terrific Toad Took a Turn in the Tub

I enjoyed doing this latest painting in my alphabet series. Probably largely because I had several new Daniel Smith watercolor paints to select from. I love getting new colors on my palette!

The background is a layer of my new Cascade Green over a flat wash of Cobalt Teal Blue. The frog is a mix of Olive Green and my new Mummy Bauxite. The gray of the tub is actually three colors - Moonglow (new), Prussian Green & Cadmium Red. And the T is Rose of Ultramarine (new) mixed with Cobalt Blue. So fun!

I've had two requests for R recently, so I'd better get on that letter!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is one of my top favorites! Love the toad's skin and the background color!-kristin

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry haven't been on her for ages, LOVE this drawing it is the cutest ever, my gosh all of them are adorable, do you sell them on line at all? luv Joey

4:47 PM  
Blogger Roshanda said...

I love your alphabet paintings. The are so fun!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This toad is one of my favorites too- your new paint colors are wonderful. Love that blue. The background color is beautiful. All the colors are great. GOOD JOB!
Love, mom

10:31 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Kira, my parents received a "J" card in the mail that I happened upon while I was over visiting...are you selling these items? Prints with the letters?
-Kristin

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home