Monday, July 09, 2007

The Impatient Ibex Ignored the Inquisitive Insect

So, here's the Ibex. I had a difficult time with this background. My original attempt made it look as though he was standing in front of a forest fire. So, I added a wash of New Gamboge (yellow) and it took the fiery look down a notch.

At this size, it's probably hard to see the bug on his nose.

It looks like I'll be taking part in next June's "Uncommon Art on the Common" Art Festival in Bristol, RI. By then I'll have all the letters done and hopefully can sell more than a few prints. I'm trying to come up with alternative items I can sell with these paintings on them, like notecards or something. I want to have a good price range in my booth. If you have any good ideas on that, please share them with me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Chris how he made those calendars with his photographs. I'd buy one! Everyone needs calendars! Do 2008! I love your ibex and manatee.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love the antlers and the little bug! It all looks so real! Do you still do dog and cat portraits? I had someone asking me at work..love, Kristin

8:53 AM  
Anonymous canvas art print said...

Oh wow these are amazing, love it!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home