Sunday, September 18, 2005

Drawing people


I came across this terrific site, portrait-artist.org, that takes you step-by-step through drawing people. I had taken private lessons on this in highschool, but have focused entirely on animal portraits the last few years. This site is a great refresher on all I had learned.

My Dad fell asleep in his chair while reading his favorite poem by Elizabeth Bishop. It's so much better drawing people in real life than from a photo! And a sleeping person is even better because they hardly move. I am happy with this sketch. It's a real likeness of my father.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kira,
This is beautiful on so many levels...thanks for posting it! It really is special, you are so talented, with 100 classes I couldn't swing that!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home