Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My First Stuffie!

I created this for an exchange on the Embellished Circus Yahoo Group. It's my first stuffie and all made by hand - no machine. My sewing machine scares me, so I rarely break it out. The face was a rubber stamp that I stamped onto a piece of white paper and then scanned into my computer. I shrunk it down to the size I wanted and then printed it on an Avery Inkjet T-shirt Transfer sheet.

Thanks to Judi on EC, after ironing the face onto the lighter fabric, I made a circle out of it by cutting a piece of cardboard to the size circle I wanted, "painting" starch around the edges that stuck out from the circle, folding those edges over the cardboard and ironing them down. I then removed the carboard and voila! a circle sans frayed edges!

I used the star shape in Microsoft Word for my pattern and though you can't really see them here, there are beads and sequins sewn on the star's rays and around the face. I hope Aimmer likes it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judi W. said...

It's great! I love it!

8:21 PM  
Blogger nici said...

How beautiful! You've inspired me to try inkjet Tshirt transfer paper! (My sewing machine freaks me out, too!)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Tam Hess said...

Kira! This is so cool. You make me want to try one of these. I don't need any more projects!!!! Darn you!
:)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home