Monday, August 15, 2005

Comp Art Journal Page 4


I think this is my last post for the day. For some reason, I really like this journal page. I bought a set of metallic poster paints at Michael's for $2.97. I used one of the shades of gold & copper here, kind of messily. Then, based on the suggestion of someone in the CompositionArtJournals group, I finally broke out the Caran D'ache water soluable crayons I've had but never used. I made the circles and then went at them with a wet paintbrush. I'm happy with the effect, though in this scan, you can't tell the paint is metallic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

This page will look really wild when you add the writing over the transparent washes. Very chic, especially with the metallic paint glittering in the background.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Kira, I love this page! Very unique. I agree with Kathleen Marie, it will really look great when you journal on it. Might be hard to cover up, tho!!

leslie

6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Try working the golds over a darker support - it will really bring out their glow

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kira,
What a happy page. It just makes me smile looking at it.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home